Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Filter Bubbles With Different Databases


I think that filter bubbles can be in the different databases. I do think that no one really takes the time to delete website searches, cookies, passwords, and other things that were said on the webpage about how to get rid of the filter bubbles. When students or just people in general use the databases in the library, they do not think to delete what they search for. I am not sure if the librarians or other people that work in the library take the time out to delete the history and the other stuff, but they all build up and I think Google or any of the other search engines do the filters and I think the search engines limit future searches even more. I personally have not noticed any searches, but I think if I, or someone else, were to bring their personal laptop to the library and search the same topic on their laptop and the computer in the library, I do believe that there would be different searches. I still think that it is crazy how the simple research Pariser did with his friends is a great example of the filter bubbles and I think if someone did the same simple research with different library databases and home computers or laptops will yield the same results as Pariser, different results for the same topic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment