Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Jumping into a Conversation


If I wanted to join a conversation to show that I know the topic at which the people are talking about, I would gently say “Excuse me, but I overheard you talking about (the subject the people are talking about). I (and whatever it is that I know about the topic).” When I actually do jump into a conversation, I turn to the person or people and smile and just ease my way into the conversation. If I know what I’m talking about, then the information will just flow out easily and the people would understand what I am talking about and they really wouldn’t mind that I eased my way into the conversation. You really can’t just “jump” into a conversation that you were not in originally. If a person just “jumped” into a conversation I was having with another person or people, I would be kind of annoyed because they were not in the conversation in the first place. That is why I say you have to ease into a conversation not jump in. I know some people may know what they are talking about, but the information does not flow easily, but if the information seems correct and makes sense then, I wouldn’t mind because that’s more information than I knew and they didn’t just “jump” in the conversation; they eased in the conversation.

1 comment:

  1. This is very true. People can become annoyed easily especially when you just jump into the conversation and sound ignorant about what you are saying when you do jump in.

    ReplyDelete