Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Applying Skills to Other Classes


I have already had a basic knowledge of some of the information we learned in class. This class is just enhancing the knowledge I already knew for researching. I have learned more about how to search for sources that are more useful and creditable. With this knowledge, I will be able to redefine my search for other classes I may have to do research for. This will help me get better information on the topic at hand. It also helps me understand and know what sources are good sources to use and has a good amount of information that will help with my topic. I used Galileo once in high school and now, I know more about it and how to use it. So if I come across a subject in another class, I know that Galileo can be a good source for that topic. I already knew how to cite my sources because high school and college has drilled plagiarism into my head and that I need to cite my sources so that I will not get in trouble for it. I have been taught to cite the sources and especially cite them correctly. So as far as today, I already knew a lot of stuff, this class just helped better my understanding.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that’s good you had a basic knowledge of the information we already learned. Understanding what are good and bad sources is a really good learning toll of this class it has helped me greatly. Yea plagiarism has become a huge problem in many wiring classes so that’s good it has been drilled down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're not finding the class boring, since you already knew a lot of the stuff we've done so far! We'll be getting more into databases in the next few weeks, so hopefully you'll pick up a few new tricks there. And after we get the basics in, I'm planning to cover some other topics that I find more interesting!

    ReplyDelete