Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Interviewing an upperclassman


When interviewing my friend who’s an upperclassman, he had a lot of similarities I had. This is my third year at the West Georgia and I know a few things about papers, projects, and all other assignments given by college professors. We agreed on the same things. First, all assignments including research papers are completely different in college than high school. It was funny how my other upperclassmen friends and I agreed that high school did not prepare us for college. With research papers in high school, we did not have to do much, but look online and cite our sources. In college, there is a lot more work. I personally have not had to do a research paper yet but my friend said it was not as simple as high school research papers. My friend said his professor did not really give him any limitations on how to research the topic other than to use credible sources and cite the sources correctly when writing the paper. Although they basically could do whatever they wanted with their papers, the professor had specific questions they had to answer and he said those questions made the paper difficult besides looking for multiple credible sources. Overall he said the paper was an okay paper and he got an okay grade. He said it was a lot of work and that if he started as soon as he got it, he might have gotten a better grade and it might have been just a little bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment