Wednesday, September 12, 2012

September 10 Homework

My group members and I decided to make our project about the health viruses that are occurring in the word, especially in the United States. I went to the librarian at the front desk for help with some possible options on books for our topic. I started off with a lot of options. There were so many good sources but I narrowed it down to the top four based on the title and the subjects of the books. I looked at all four of them. Two of the books were on Galileo so I looked those up as well. I did an overview of the two books that were in the library and on Galileo. I narrowed my search to the two sources online, mainly because they were more recent than the books on the shelves. The two electronic books were Viruses and Human Disease by James H. Strauss and Ellen G. Strauss and Human Viruses in Water by Albert Bosch. After I chose these two options I read them completely and it was very hard to choose just one that would be best for our topic because they both had recent and up to date information that will be used. They both dealt specifically with human viruses, but still had information that showed where viruses can be, like in the water. People need to be aware of things like this and both of these sources gave me great insight on it. I think both of the books are beneficial to our research in different ways, but still coincides with one another. 

1 comment:

  1. You read all of both books? Are you crazy?

    Having a good research question helps save you a lot of work, because you probably will only use one chapter (or part of a chapter) from any given book to answer your specific question. Make sure you work on defining a good, clear research question!

    ReplyDelete