Thursday, September 13, 2012

High School Library vs. College Library

I never used my high school library unless I really had to. Even when I had to use my high school library, it was not for getting books so I cannot compare my high school library to my college library. The one thing about my high school library is that the library did not have a big selection to choose from. Before my high school was remodeled, there were huge gaps on the shelves where books should be. When my school was remodeled there were more books, but there still was not a big variety. I even asked some of my friends that were in the library and they said they really could not find what they are looking for. With college, I have not had to look for books until this class and the process is quick and easy. The only thing is that when I actually look for a book it can get kind of confusing because of the letters and numbers. When I was looking for a specific book for the research project, the book I was looking for was not completely in the right spot, but that could have been from a student. How the books were organized and arranged was confusing as well. The way to get books are simple and easy but when you actually have to find it was a little confusing.

6 comments:

  1. I agree, the University's library is much more helpful and easier than my high schools library. At my high school in order to find the book that you needed you had to ask the librarian for help. As far as I know there was not a search engine to aid students in finding the source they needed. I also agree that the system could be set up a little differently so that finding the book on the shelf could be somewhat faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, It seems easier to find books within the university's library then my high schools library. The university's library seems more broad than my high school's library there is so much more to choose from. When finding a book from the university its easier with the codes on the book shelfs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Tiffany because my high school was the same way when it came to the difficulty of finding books in the library. I just think high school libraries don't have the same amount of resources as college libraries. Colleges have more money to spend on their libraries. Therefore the quality of college libraries will be better. Most high schools don't have search engines you can use to make finding a book easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree it is much easier to find books in college than in high school. Most high schools don’t have extra money to spend on the library to make it have advanced ways of finding books. The univwrsity1s library is much bigger and easier to find a book also the selection is really in dept. with books I didn’t think they would have. In high school I just had to go by alphabetical order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In some high school’s libraries, there are just not enough resources for students to use. I guess it depends on how much funds are coming in for the school. In college libraries, there are many resources that the students can use to help them and that make it easier to do researches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree! Most times in high school I only went into the library because it was mandatory for class. The organization of books is very important and there is always a huge selection too choose from. I find that it is much easier to find books here as well.

    ReplyDelete